ВПИ в лицах
Поездка в колледж газа и нефти
Science Research Sector
SRS of VPI was established in March 1995. Now SRS VPI determines the order of planning and contracting, organising and conducting fundamental and applied research (FAR), the promotion and development of students’ scientific and technological activities, scientific conferences and competitions, is promoting the innovation of Higher Educational Institutions.
The main objectives of the institute in the field of research:
- fundamental research, including in priority areas: industry nanosystems and materials, energy and energy conservation;
- development of new technologies, including the critical technologies of the Russian Federation;
- formation and development of scientific schools and research teams;
- providing training at the Institute of qualified professionals;
- training of scientific and lecturing staff based on the latest achievements of scientific and technological progress;
- effective use of scientific and technological capacities of the Institute to address the priorities of the city of Volzhskiy and the Volgograd Oblast;
- creation of a qualitatively new experimental-production base of Higher Educational Institutions.
Scientists span cooperate with many companies of chemical, machine-building complexes, as well as other industries in the city of Volzhskiy. The main customers for R&D have been and are currently: OAO «Volga Orgsyntes» Volga HPP-1, OAO «VgTZ», OAO «RusHydro — Volga Hydroelectric Power Station», LLC «VAP Volzhanin», OAO «Volga Abrasive Plant», JSC «Volzhsky Bearing Factory» and «Sibur-Volga», OAO «Voltair-Prom» and others.
The direction of scientific activities VPI is the development of new measurement techniques, chemical technology, chemistry of high-molecular compounds, biotechnology, environment, creation of new types of polymers and materials, creation of environmentally friendly air-conditioned vehicles and hybrid propulsion systems, etc.
The SRS in VPI is funded by the state budget (20%) and by the internal revenue (80%).
Four doctors of science supervise the following research: the development and study of properties of polymeric materials based on amine waste (Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor V.F. Kablov) adaptive control system hydraulic units (Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor A. Goltsov), study contact processes in cutting hard-to-process steel and alloys (Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor VA Nosenko), synthesis and study of azoles and azines — potential pharmacological and coordination-active compounds (Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor G. Butov).
A more detailed account of educational, scientific and social activities of scientists is given in sites of schools. Since 1995 in VPI four doctoral and more than fifty candidate theses have been defended, more than 60 Russian patents have been received, over 300 articles in Russian and foreign peer-reviewed journals have been published, over 10 monographs and textbooks have been published and edited.
In 2000, VPI in conjunction with OSI VolgSTU have organised industrial sanitation and environmental safety laboratory, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor A. Sinkov has been appointed as a head of this laboratory. Currently, the laboratory staff are actively working on certification of employment at the enterprises of Volzhskiy and Volgograd Oblast. A department of industrial automation, industrial production is organized on the basis of scientific research scientists of the Institute together with the VNTK (branch) VolgSTU.
VPI takes part in the regional and interregional exhibitions, where the scientific achievements of the Institute’s scientists are constantly distinguished with the diplomas. Most of the prizes in the competition of the student projects organised by Volzhskiy Duma in 2002-2008 were received by the students of VPI. Yearly student conference «Scientific Student Potential in the 21st Century» in Stavropol constantly brings more than 30 prizes to our Institute.
Together with the universities of Volzhskiy, VPI organises scientific and technical conferences of teachers, young scientists and students every year.
Since 2001 the open Internet-conference of the lecturing staff is held in VPI. Theses of the reports are published on the official site of VPI on the Internet www.volpi.ru.
From 2005 to current VPI hosts interregional scientific and practical conference on the problems of interrelationship and cooperation of higher education, business, and the government in the sphere of science and the application of innovative technologies. Materials of these conferences are also showing on the official site of VPI www.volpi.ru.
To coordinate the scientific work of the Institute the R&D council was created in April of 2000. The important questions of organisation of scientific research activity of the institute were discussed at that council under the supervision of Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor G.M. Butov; the plans of the further development of the science research work are developed, and the reports on the work completed at the different schools in the Institute are heard.
The head of SRS of VPI currently is S. I. Blaginin
Areas of research in VPI
- Repair of roads in winter conditions with an RSD 1
- Gathering of natural oil through oil-collectors EKODS 1, 2 EKODS
- Treatment of industrial wastewater and natural water using coagulants
- Collection of foam and protection of spawning of precious fish during the flood season
- Paints and anti-corrosion coatings from waste EPOL
- New construction materials of low combustibility of materials based on petroleum resins
- Synthesis of biologically active compounds based on the production of frame hydrocarbons
- Technology of industrial recycling
- Temperature control and air conditioning with vortex tubes and vaporative apparatus
- Jet pumps for high efficiency suction of aggressive liquids
- Chloroprene adhesives
- Mathematical modeling of processes in chemical industry
- Non-contact measuring systems
- Blast pneumatics
- Calculation of passenger traffic, route optimisation of city transport
- Optimisation of machining of metals
- Automation of production processes in the management of hydraulic units
- Information Technology
- Certification of workplaces
- Develop business plans and business management
- Contact processes with hard-cutting steels and alloys
Информационный партнёр ВПИ
Новости Волжского — в газете «Волжская правда»